Friday, November 21, 2014

I lived in Heaven...

John's sister, Paula, was diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer a couple of months ago.  Yesterday they gathered the family together so they could turn off the life support.  I got a call from John telling me we were going to go to Salt Lake to the hospital.  In order to get things in order so we could go, I was texting on my phone and making calls.
Lindey came up to me and asked, "Who is texting you so much?"  I told her that Aunt Paula was very sick and that she probably would go to live with Heavenly Father today.
 Lindey pondered that for a moment then said, "She will like that."
I know she didn't really understand all that was going on, but her little thought made me pause for a moment.  What a little sweetheart!  How true is that statement??
A few minutes later I got another text, and Lindey asked, "Is that Aunt Paula telling you she's gone to live with Jesus?"  All I could answer was, "No, not yet, sweetheart."

3 comments:

Diplo_Daddy said...

Our deepest sympathy to John and the rest of the Hughes family.

Mindy said...

What a sweet and tender moment from a sweet and tender girl... Love you guys, and praying for you.

Jenni S said...

What a sweetheart. I love her thoughts. They are so tender and sincere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...