Sunday, October 16, 2011

Yes Morgan, There REALLY is a Santa Claus

I love my little girl. Tonight I had to run to the school to make some copies of different assignments I would need to teach my science lessons. My oldest daughter wanted to come with me. I love that special daddy daughter time together, so I totally agreed to that one (much to the sadness of my two oldest sons). We got to the school and I started copying. Because it is a tedious process to scan and wait for copies, I struck up a conversation with my daughter about what she was hoping to get for Christmas. She told me she wasn't sure yet. I suggested a couple of things and then mentioned how glad I am that she still believes in Santa.

She confided in me that several kids in her class didn't believe in Santa anymore. She continued by stating that she told them there HAD to be a Santa because he brings her gifts that her mommy and daddy can't afford to buy, like her DS. She told me she was very grateful Santa had brought her that.

I smiled inside knowing that my little girl is one special human being.

I love you Miss Morgan.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Morgan is indeed a special girl, so full of love and compassion. I hope she keeps the pure innocence and belief she has for many years to come.

Joan said...

My girls believed for a long time. I know they don't anymore, but we don't talk about it. We maintain the myth. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...