Sunday, February 13, 2011

I Am The Dangiraffe...

When my son broke out in a major rash over his whole body, I was concerned about him returning to school after the weekend. Not because I thought he would contaminate the other kids (never really crossed my mind), rather I was worried about his classmates teasing him.

I talked to him about this. He shrugged his shoulders a little. A sign that he was also worried about it. We started being silly. Ian commented that his spots were large like a giraffes. We all giggled a little. It was true, his dots were becoming large spots!

Our family loves to watch Disney's Phineas and Ferb. In one of the episodes, Candice turns in to a crime fighter. She calls her self the Danger-affe or Dangiraffe.

 Ian stood up and said, "Look, I am the Dangiraffe!" We all laughed. Pretty funny little man...pretty funny. I want you to know that I am proud of you. You are not afraid to be yourself! Thanks for that!

3 comments:

Small Fry and Co. said...

What an awful rash-poor guy. hope he is feeling better.

Teachinfourth said...

Attitude can make all the difference...glad to see he is like his dad. I hope it goes away soon.

Teachinfourth said...

Man, I just clicked on the photos...you weren't kidding with that rash! I hope it clears up.

BTW, you have some good books on those shelves, but Twilight? Really?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...