Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Daddy's Home

It just melts a guy's heart.

I started my last semester of Master's program tonight. Check out my Educator's Life blog for more on that. As I was driving home, I was glad to be out a little early knowing that I would most likely be able to see my babies before they headed off to bed.

I pulled my tired old brown trooper up in front of the house and shivered in the freezing cold as I put the window cover on to help speed up the morning routine! (Since my Trooper is so old it won't idle and with my window cover, I spend less time outside. I was shaking it was so cold as I headed up the steps to the front door. What I got was wonderful.

As soon as I opened the door I heard "Daddy! You're home!". All my kids (except my Zander who was sleeping) came running. My oldest son told me he wanted to help warm me up and gave me a huge bear hug. My daughter just wrapped her arms around my legs and squeezed. My 3-year old Micah came running to tell me he was excited I was home, and my Baby boy Eli came to me dragging his blanket and whimpered until I wrapped him in it and snuggled with him.

It is days like this that make me so glad I have all my wonderful babies and that being a daddy is one of the best things on the planet!

1 comment:

Teachinfourth said...

Glad you had a little bit of something good on a day that had you whipped.

Everyone needs that once and a while...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...